Senator Mario Scavello’s Internship Program
A Legislative Office Opportunity
The Senate of Pennsylvania internship program is designed to give college students an opportunity to understand how the state legislature operates and to learn hands-on how to serve a constituency. Included in this program, Interns will spend one day shadowing Senator in Harrisburg, tour the Capitol, and have a photo taken on the Senate floor.
Interns can acquire academic credit while they apply the information and concepts taught in the classroom. However, internship for academic credit is not a requirement for this opportunity.
Interested High School senior class students are encouraged to complete an application prior to entering their first semester of college. College students may apply any semester. All resumes will be kept on file for one full year.
Internship Program and Procedure:
- Interns may not work more than 29 hours a week over a 90 day calendar.
- Interns are paid $10.00 an hour
- Must complete online application and await call for interview
Post interview steps include:
- Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check
- Complete Personal Data Sheet
- Review and sign Senate Rules of Ethical Conduct
- Review and sign Workplace Harassment Form
- Review and sign Senate Computer Use Policy
This program is an excellent opportunity for any aspiring academic or public servant. If you have questions, please contact Kristine Bush at firstname.lastname@example.org.